Obtaining Funding and Reimbursements
Steps to obtain GA Funding for your Graduate Registered Student Organization (GRSO) with the online application:
Additional information is provided in our 2019-2020 Funding Guide.
Step 1: Eligibility Requirements
- Graduate student groups must be registered student organizations (RSO) with the LEAD Center.
- At least one, preferably two, group officers must complete the ASUC/GA Agent Certification Quiz. Please note that this quiz is separate and distinct from the Funding Guide Quiz.
- Graduate student group membership must include a member from a department represented by at least one delegate.
Step 2: Funding application and evaluation by GA
- To apply for funding, the GA Agent in your organization must complete the online funding application by the deadline. Contingency applications are collected monthly during the academic year and once in summer.
- Application forms for all GA-sponsored funding (GMER, Grants, Publications, and Contingency) can be found on the GA Funding Page on CalLink in the Forms section. You must sign into CalLink first to see this section.
- Funding applications must be completed by members of your organization who have passed the ASUC/GA Agent Quiz. Please contact the LEAD Center for more information.
- Part of the application will require each funding applicant to take the GA Funding Guide quiz to confirm they have read the 2020-2021 Funding Guide and have familiarized themselves with the funding policies.
- The Funding Committee will review all funding applications and submit their recommendations to the GA Delegates. The funding awards will be posted as a report on the Graduate Assembly website by the dates listed in the Funding Application.
Once you have submitted the application, you will receive a confirmation email. If you do not receive this email, please immediately contact the funding chair (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Step 3: Spending approved funds
- If your graduate student group receives funding, you may purchase approved items using cash, check or credit card.
- FUNDS DO NOT ROLL OVER TO THE NEXT SEMESTER, AND UNSPENT FUNDS ARE RECLAIMED BY THE GA.
- If you need to make a change to your approved budget (of more than $10 per line item) you must email the funding chair (email@example.com) with a subject line “Budget Change Request” followed by your RSO’s name and funding round. If you need to change the date of your event and the event still occurs during the approved funding round, no notification is required.
Step 4: Reimbursements
- All Graduate Assembly funding is processed through a campus-wide system called CalLink. When groups register with the LEAD Center, a CalLink profile will be automatically created. Log in to CalLink to associate your CalNet ID with your graduate student group’s page. Once you are a member of a graduate student group on CalLink, you may submit a CalLink request for reimbursement.
- After you submit your request for reimbursement, a member of your group with stage 2 access will need to move your request to stage 2. Members of the graduate student group who take the ASUC/GA Agent Quiz will have stage 2 access.
- After your CalLink is moved to stage 2, submit the following REQUIRED items to the LEAD Center Front Desk by the receipt due date listed in the funding guide. If these items are not submitted, your group may not be eligible for reimbursement:
- Printed copy of the CalLink purchase request form
- All original itemized receipts or Personal Service Agreement (student groups must submit a PSA for all services. Groups must not pay an individual or group directly for services as the group will not be reimbursed)
- Callink Calendar posting (if event) – If awarded GA funding, you are required to submit your event/meeting/project details to your RSO’s Callink Calendar. After submitting your event, print a copy of the posting, as this will be required for submission with a completed CalLink Purchase Request to reimburse your expenses.
Your graduate student group’s remaining funding balance is available on CalLink under account balance.
Additional information is provided in our 2020-2021 Funding Guide.