Equity and Inclusion Committee
The mission of the Equity and Inclusion Committee is to advocate for equity by providing, advocating for and supporting programs and services that lead to academic access and success for students, pathways to leadership and advancement for graduate and professional students, building equitable structures with campus partners, and closing opportunity gaps for our most marginalized groups. The E+I Committee works closely with the GA Project Directors, the GA Wellness Center, and various campus partners.
Goals for 2019 – 2020:
- Launch of the Student Opportunity and Success (S.O.S.) Fund.
- Work with campus partners to establish a clear vision for graduate and professional student diversity retention and recruitment.
- Create a list of, and platform for, first-generation faculty and staff to bolster mentorship and support for URM graduate and professional students.
- Establish clear guidelines for how to assess GA Projects to inform: project creation and defunding, project initiatives and work, etc.
- Create a strategic plan for the GA Wellness Center for 2020-2025.
- Expand partnerships with the Student Advocate’s Office (SAO), the Fannie Lou Hamer Black Resource Center, PATH to Care, the Office for Graduate Diversity, and Graduate Division.